A new patch for Biomutant is available, which fixes all sorts of things.
Available on PC and PlayStation 4 Biomutant Patch 1.5 is pretty big, applying crash fixes, tweaking loot, and adding scrap actions.
With this patch, the team in Experiment 101 improved the looting experience, but tweaked the looting generation mechanism. This reduces duplicate items and increases versatility. The studio has also added some new items with higher statistics than less rare ones. This means that items found with a particular rarity can also be found later with a higher rarity, with significantly improved statistics.
The developers have also added the long-awaited scrap action to the loot screen. This will reduce the time you spend cleaning your inventory.
There are also new PC-specific features available in the form of settings that allow you to choose between horizontal and vertical fields of view. This new FoV type is useful if you want to get the correct aspect ratio with a wider monitor. By default, FoV is set horizontally, but you can change it vertically.
On PS4, the menu now works properly when the Enter and Back buttons are swapped.
Oh, the level cap has been increased from 50 to 100. I like it.
Not only that, you need to check the following patch notes yourself. The patch will be available on Xbox One next week.
Biomutant patch 1.5
- Added “Field of View Type” setting to select horizontal and vertical fields of view. Vertical field of view is useful when you want to get the correct aspect ratio with a wider monitor. By default, the field of view is set horizontally.
- Fixed a crash when the connection with the GPU was temporarily lost.
PlayStation 4 specific
- Fixed an issue where some menus did not work properly when swapping the Enter and Back buttons.
- Increased the level cap from 50 to 100.
Items & Loot
- Added better loot variations.
- Added higher tier relics and legendary weapon parts that start dropping at level 50.
- Updated loot generation to increase variation and reduce item duplication.
- Added scrap action to the looting screen.
- Added a setting to show or hide head items.
- Increased the damage of later tribal weapons to match the player’s level and equipment.
- Removed add-on slots from special gear that can’t be scrapped, lost, or crafted.
- Fixed an issue where you could get unlimited material supplies from crafting.
- Fixed missile cloud to fire correctly every 4 shots during rapid shots in Super Martial Arts.
- Updated Saw Blades to lower spreads, speed up, and penetrate enemy actions correctly.
- Fixed Pichu Nanchuk being hidden in inspection mode.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to equip another one-handed weapon when Pichu Nanchuk was already equipped.
- Fixed an issue where valve add-on statistics were higher than intended.
- Reduced the resistance of the Ancient Pants to make other gears more viable.
- Fixed an issue where the Quick Menu for your favorite consumables would be scrambled when there were no empty slots available.
- Fixed an issue where the Automaton Health Injector cooldown was reset when using Automaton Boost and the Automaton Health Injector was replenished only after a break.
- Added “HUD> Mode” setting that allows you to select either “ALWAYS SHOW” or “DYNAMIC”. Selecting the DYNAMIC option hides the permanent UI elements after a while outside the battle. If you select DYNAMIC, the player can open a menu of UI elements or a quick menu to display it temporarily. By default, the old “ALWAYS SHOW” behavior is selected.
- Added “Quick Menu Switch” accessibility settings. When enabled, players do not have to hold down the corresponding input to open the quick menu to use consumables or exchange weapons. Instead, tap the corresponding button to open or close the quick menu.
Dialogue and narrator
- Changed to “count only a few times left …”. The narration is played with a chance after the first time.
- Fixed an issue where conscience narration was disabled when using the “Dialog> Narrator” setting.
- Fixed an issue where conscientious characters would perform animations in slow motion.
- Fixed an issue where the voice line of the first narrator after a character presentation in Komura would not play when Gibberish was disabled.
- Fixed a development marker that was incorrectly displayed in Popsi dialog text.
- Added optional lock-on targeting for close quarters combat.
- Added an attack animation that uses evasion animations to cancel certain movements.
- Added the ability to throw rocks at players when small enemies are mounted.
- Added a chance for the player to be knocked off the mount when hit.
- Added the action to escape to the player mount in battle.
- Fine-tuned the double boulder throw attack on the pokey puff. Now you can dodge the second rock after hitting the first rock.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in grab animations.
- Fixed the invincible bonus damage multiplier.
- Fixed the damage multiplier for stimulus benefits.
- Fixed a case where Airstrike could fail when using Klonkfist.
- Fixed a jump attack that prevents ranged attacks during an air strike.
- Fixed an issue where RadWisp was spawned in the menu.
- Fixed an issue where the Lupa-Lupin Camp Intro Cinematic would play during combat
- Fixed an issue where escorted characters were trying to target enemies that had already been defeated.
- Fixed an issue where Pichu Goon would only use kick attacks. Currently, they are using Pichu Nunchaku properly.
- Fixed an issue where using Telekinesis would not damage rocks when thrown.
- Fixed a critical hit from an ability that doesn’t show red damage.
- Added an indicator of completed area goals on the map.
- Added a fixed indicator to the items used in costumes.
- Fixed an equipped indicator showing the wrong item after selling another item.
- Added pause playtime in the system menu or when the game is deactivated.
- Added the first quest tab selection to open the “Main” or “Side” quest tabs based on the tracked quests.
- Fixed UI duplication when changing tabs immediately after fast travel.
- Updated the transport menu with smoother transitions and removed camera fades between selections.
- Fixed an issue where pressing the map button did not close the map and did not return to the game.
- Fixed an issue where percentage statistics were not limited to 100%.
- Fixed an issue where the XP bar was not hidden at maximum level.
- Fixed an issue where MkTon would sometimes not spawn when talking to Gizmo.
- Fixed an issue where “Lupa-Lupin’s Lair” could not be completed after loading a save.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the Thieves Camp quest from completing.
- Fixed an issue where the bandit camp captain would sometimes not spawn.
- Fixed an issue where Lotus Captain Quests were given multiple times and consecutive quest copies could not be completed.
- Fixed an issue where players would not be able to complete a quest after saving and loading if the bomber bonker was defeated before starting the corresponding quest.
- Fixed an issue where some unique quest rewards did not get the correct materials and qualities, and as a result they may not have the correct statistics.
- Fixed a puzzle that could be used through a wall using Klonkfist.
- Fixed an issue where players could change friendly tribes after meeting Gizmo, Goop, Wiz, or Saw, even if the first outpost wasn’t occupied.
- Fixed Batnam-nam being able to take player damage.
- Fixed “Eyeson the Prize” which could not be completed after loading the save game.
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to get stuck while capturing an outpost when using Cronck Fist in an oil tank.
- Fixed an issue where players could interact with certain lumen shrines during combat.
- Fixed an issue where using tribal shortcuts did not require weapons for all rival tribes.
New game +
- After starting the NG + game, we’ve added some qualifiers that make it somewhat more difficult for each new subsequent NG + loop.
- NG + Fixed an issue where the aura score was not reset at the start of the game.
- NG + Fixed an issue where plank resources would be reset at the start of the game.
- Added respawning enemies to some areas.
- Random Encounter spawn rate has been increased.
- Moved the wrecked ship to the correct map location.
- Fixed an issue where the Bio Nucleus 6D area target could not be completed.
- Removed locked doors blocking access to Bangshelter 9H area targets.
- Fixed a car that couldn’t be looted in Bangshelter 3J.
- Fixed the Bangshelter 2G door to allow you to receive a radiation protection suit.
- Fixed a crash when a character was damaged.
- Fixed a crash when a player was forced to exit MkTon.
- Fixed a crash when a player climbs an enemy.
- Fixed a crash when firing at an enemy.
- Fixed a crash due to the narrator’s commentary.
- Fixed an issue where the appearance was not reset when undoing a character mutation change.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to take hazard damage while appearing to have maximum resistance.
- The bright spots that were always displayed have been removed from the post-processing.
- Fixed a missing “EXTREME” label in a very difficult save file.
- Fixed an issue where Brogg could choke on Gullblimp and cause players to get stuck.
- Fixed an issue where Fungi could spawn on oil.
- Fixed an attack sound with incorrect volume.
- Increased free fall time required for mounts and players to trigger a hard landing.
- Fixed jitter while mounting animations.
- Fixed an issue where the Gizmo MkTon door could be accidentally closed.
- Fixed an issue where reload animations would be triggered and conflicted during cinematics.
- Fixed an issue that caused incorrect prompts to be displayed when using Cronck Fist on Moth Nests.