In addition to our 2021 Major Game Awards, every member of the PC Gamer team has focused on the games they love this year. For the rest of this month, we will release the new employee draft and our main awards.
Battlefield 2042 It is one of the most controversial games this year. Before it was fully released, Reddit was flooded with players’ criticisms of perceived missing features, such as “cannot dive while swimming”, “no custom logo”, “no standard server browser”, and “evolution without changing the map”. This argument that many things have been “deleted” from “Battlefield 2042” dominated in the weeks before and after its release.
In these posts, one of them recorded 103 crimes Battlefield 2042 has promised that players will complain This series has changed too much: they hope that the old things will come back, and the new things, such as experts, will be rushed into the sewers of abandoned battlefield ideas, and the war notes are still floating around.
Some complaints are trivial (“there is no dramatic music crescendo at the end of the game”, read a sentence in the most acclaimed post ever on the Battlefield 2042 subreddit), and some are untrue (“no ammunition or health Teammates take away”), some are true, but they didn’t make me think there was a problem (“The cover between occupied areas is absolutely zero.”) In any case, this kind of narrative about the injustice of battlefield players covered the year 2042. Spread to 70,000 Steam overall, “mostly negative” comments.
A popular Reddit post rang cheerfully amid the arrival of negative user comments: “The massacre has begun.”
But I had a great time. Before the holidays, I invested 55 hours in “Battlefield 2042″. I like to use the semi-automatic marksman rifle DM7 for gelation. I thought the initial overwhelming”Spiderman Hovercraft Element“It’s a lively and typical battlefield situation.” Even after twenty years of streamlining, the battlefield situation still has a good comedy opportunity,” Taylor said in his Battlefield 2042 Review.
This feeling puts me on the other side of the smoldering Internet fury. I have a completely different experience with thousands of angry players. What do I like about 2042? Common battlefield stuff. It has doubled in size to 128 players, which feels dwarfed. Carve out a corner of the map for yourself and break the experience of the enemy advancing. Jump out of the bushes and launch perfect AT rounds at the tank. Ride a shotgun with the ace pilots and admire their work.
Don’t get me wrong-I have my own complaints, not trivial complaints. In the spirit of those suffocating Reddit posts and user comments, I will list them here:
Some things that annoy me when playing Battlefield 2042
- About one-sixth of my game crashes to the desktop, usually at the end of the game.
- Interference 1 key three or four times to switch to my main weapon, but it is not registered. I also encountered this situation when I tried to pull the parachute 10 meters off the ground.
- Moderate 60-70 fps on RTX 3080 (Admittedly, 3440×1440)
- Explain insufficient gear functions. It took me 10 hours to realize that Angel can right-click to bring up a load switch crate while using his armor bag. There is a firing selection button and a separate key to switch to the grenade launcher on a specific gun. I still haven’t bothered to figure out how to switch between optics in the dual optics range. Hacking is a little secret.
- The unresponsive and fussy reconnaissance system has deteriorated compared with the previous battlefield.
- The animation malfunctioned when I was lying prone, and some parts of the character’s body kept twitching, shaking my sight when aiming.
- The breakthrough mode was not considered when the map was originally designed. A few maps finally formed a state, I can only describe it as “the defensive team is sitting on an impenetrable roof”, anyone on earth can tell you this is not interesting.
- Sometimes, when I click on a capture point, it is frustratingly unable to predict where I will be generated.
- PP-29 The unfathomable power before the patch, the sacred cat. If there is a gun that can kill everyone at twice the speed, why use other guns?
This thing absolutely makes me enjoy it. This input error caused me dozens of frustrating deaths-I think this is the nightmare of every FPS player, hammering their main weapon keys without getting a response from the game. But even these obvious and objective problems did not prevent me from participating in the competition. I can switch to the beloved free Halo game on Steam at any time! (I have also played it, but Halo’s sci-fi gunfight is too much like an arena shooting game for me). Compared to the 55 hours I spent in the battlefield, I spent 5 hours in Halo Infinite.
The whole experience reminds people that it is okay to enjoy the game and continue to play while being aware of its flaws. This habit of publicly swearing games is from “Dead game“Words are harmful to hobbies and spread quickly. Everyone has the right to be unhappy, but this year’s response to Battlefield 2042 has reinforced the era when we are playing more and more games, and for some people, social The desires cultivated by the media are more important to some people than the experience of playing the game itself.
However, whenever I doubt myself in the face of these angry battlefield post walls full of bullets, I jump into the conquest and do something stupid. You can place a hovercraft on top of a skyscraper, push it off the edge, and then float on the ground like some kind of magic carpet balloon with a machine gun. I will not uninstall it anytime soon.