The New World team provided some updates on server transfers, a feature that they laid the foundation for this promise earlier this week but has not yet released.A sort of postal On the New World game forum, some updates to the process have been updated, why it was blocked, and what it will look like when it is released.
In short, characters will receive a free token from the in-game store, which can then be used to transfer to a world that is not full, unmaintained, and in the same region as them. You will keep all your progress, currency, houses, etc., but you will not keep company memberships, friend lists, or transaction orders.
Why does it take a while to implement? “During our testing, we found some edge cases where the transmission experience did not meet the standards we published. This means that we will need some extra time to resolve these issues before we can safely provide everyone with free Server transfer tokens,” said TrevzorFTW, a community manager.
This is Full Q&A on the transfer:
How to transfer my role?
- You need to log into your role, which means waiting in any applicable queue.
- Go to the in-game store, there will be a new tab to receive your character transfer token.
- You need to leave your company.
- You need to delete any active Trading Post sell and buy orders.
- Your character must be located in a shelter (such as a settlement or outpost).
What will I bring when I transfer?
- You will retain all character progress (levels, weapon mastery, titles, etc.).
- You will keep your faction alliance and progress
- You will reserve inventory and storage space.
- You will keep all currencies.
- You will keep your house and house decorations.
- You will keep all task progress.
What does not transfer with my role?
- Your company membership needs to be terminated before the transfer and will not continue.
- Active Trading Post’s sell and buy orders must be removed and will not be carried forward.
- Your friend list is world-specific and will not be transferred.
Where can I move my character?
- You can move your character to any world in your area, except:
- You cannot move your character into a complete world.
- You cannot move your character to the world under maintenance.
- You cannot move a character to a world set where an existing character is located.
The post emphasizes that you should choose a world carefully, because more transfer tokens will not be available immediately. There may be another wave of free tokens, which will “make server transfer tokens available for purchase in stores later. We will notify in advance when tokens become a paid service.”
Getting MMO servers running smoothly is no easy task, let alone transferring material between them when the company sees a completely unexpected interest in its games. Yesterday’s technical issues led to extended maintenance downtime, which is not surprising, because Amazon Games had to stop creating characters on overcrowded servers, and we have been keeping a list of information on the servers.