Wondering what you need to do to complete the Elden Ring Dung Eater quest? Or, you might not be able to find him in one of the later steps. Whatever your reason for being here, I’ll cover what you need to do to complete this NPC’s storyline.
The reward for completing this quest includes a new set of armor and, more importantly, one of the required items Ring of Eldon ending (opens in new tab). You can meet the Coproeater early in the game, but even then his meaning is unclear. So if you’re trying to figure out how to get started, here’s how to complete the Elden Ring Dung Eater quest.
Elden Ring Dung Eater Where: Roundtable
You’ll first encounter the Coproeater at the Fortress of the Round Table, but you won’t be able to enter his room until you reach the Altus Plateau.This can be done by collecting the two halves Dectus Medal (opens in new tab) And use the lift or bypass it completely and make your way down the side of the cliff through the mines you need to defeat the Magma Wyrm Makar boss.
Whichever way you choose to get to the Altus Plateau, the Coproeater can be found in the previously locked room, next to the Gemini Maiden Shell Merchant. He’s hard to miss as he looks like a hostile NPC invader.
Seedbed Cursed Location: Where to Find It
You can talk to him right after entering his room, but you won’t be able to advance his questline until you find the first Curse of the Seedbed. There are six in total – one of which is missable – and you’ll need to find five to complete the quest. For now, though, you only need one to continue.
- Volcano Manor: From the Grace ruins at the Temple of Eiglay, head to Rya’s hideout – see Rya’s quest guide for details (opens in new tab)– but instead of taking the elevator to the floor below, follow the path on the right.In the building at the end, open another door on the right and go up the stairs to find the fog door that requires the stone sword key (opens in new tab) Open. The seedbed curse is on a corpse at the bottom.
- Leyndell, Royal Capital: On top of the rotunda east of the catacombs site of Grace Lane on the map.
- Outer Moat, Leyndell (missable): If you complete his questline, loot from the Black Guard the Great Boggart.
- Leyndell, Royal Capital: In the Ashes version, find it in the Coproeater’s room in another round table room.
- Elphael Brace of Haligtree: It can be found by moving north and then west from the ruins of the Grace Prayer Room. Plunder from the corpse on the chair on the windowsill.
- Elphael Brace of Haligtree: Go north again from the Grace Prayer Station, but go down the stairs, which double on your right. When you find the room at the bottom, jump over the rail to the right of the door and descend to the platform below. It’s in the dark hall at the bottom of the stairs, with a corpse.
Once you’ve got your first seedbed curse item, go back to the round table and talk to the dung eater again.He will give you more dialogue and then he will hand over Sewer Prison Key.
Sewer Prison Key
Where to use the sewer prison key
Now that you have access to sewers, you can enter the area through a well in the royal capital of Ryndell. From the Grace Balcony Site of Grace, go northwest and go down the steps and out the gate. Follow the road to the left and jump over the railing, and you should see the well in the ruins.
Climb down the ladder and go northeast from the first door on the left. Go down the other ladder and continue down the tunnel on the right. When you see the opening on the right, ignore it, go straight and go down the stairs to enter the underground shelter. Go through the door and you’ll find yourself standing on a platform with a ladder on the left. Climb down here and look out for the door on the left.This is Grace’s Underground Roadside Ruinsso if you need to activate it and take a break before the next journey.
Back outside the door, continue northeast along the main tunnel. You’ll get to the point where three huge grills cover the ground, but the one on the left has a gap. Descend here and turn left, follow the tunnel past poisonous enemies until you find the ladder at the end.
Climb here and turn right. You can use the sewer prison key on the front door.Coproeater is in there, so talk to him and choose “Get out of your prison!” when the option appears. Finished his conversation, then it was time to return to the roundtable.
Find the Coproeater in Leyndell’s Outer Moat
When you return to the round table, you will find that the coprophagus is nowhere to be found in his usual room. However, there is a message telling you to find him in the outer moat outside the capital, Rendall.
If you’re going to get a seedbed curse from Black David Boggart, you should make sure you have completed the first part of Rya’s quest and purchased her necklace from him in Liurnia of the Lakes. Buying him boiled prawns later won his trust, so he moved to the outer moat area.
Talk to Boggart just north of the marked location above and complete his dialogue before moving on to the next step. Now reload the area and talk to Boggart again to let the dung eaters invade you.
Fight and defeat the dung eater in the outer moat, then return to the round table fortress and talk to him in his room. He’ll tell you to bring more of the Seedbed Curse to his real body, which is in the cell you found him in the Underground Refuge.
Should You Use Seluvis’ Potion?
You have two options for the corpse of the coprophagus, but only one will give you the items you need for a specific ending.
If you got the potion from Seluvis this is for Neferi (opens in new tab), you can use it on him here instead of giving him the seedbed curse. Doing so will allow you to get the Dung Eater Puppet summon from Seluvis.
or, If you want to get the ending item and complete the dung eater quest, interacts with the body to provide the Seedbed Curse.After giving him five, he will reward you Repair the Curse of the Fallen Runes, an item required for one of the endings. Reloading the area and returning to his cell allows you to loot the Omen armor set.