Now there’s a whole new way to express your identity with Roblox — by display name! These are a little different from your username.
username It’s unique to your account and prefixed with “@” so you can always identify someone uniquely. If your username is @ CoolCat43122, then @ CoolCat43122 is just you. The username helps you log in and find a specific person on the platform.
Display name is Absent It is unique and can be freely changed every 7 days. They will appear in places such as your profile, chat, search, list of people, or overhead of your avatar each time you visit the experience. If you do not set a display name, it defaults to the user name.
Display name setting
To change the display name:
- Go to yours account information..
- Find the Display Name and click the edit icon.
- Change the display name and click Save.
- Tada! There is a new display name.
Well most. Before displaying, there are some requirements that the display name must meet. Your display name:
- Must pass through the text filter and be sure to meet Community rules..
- It cannot match a username that belongs to a well-known user.
- Must be 3 to 21 characters.
- Only letters, numbers, and underscores should be included.
- Can only be changed every 7 days.
that’s it! Enjoy this feature.