There is a new firmware update for PS5.
Sony has released new firmware Playstation 5 this morning. This week’s update is 21.01-03.20.00.04-00.00.00.0.0, as platform owners are still using the comically long version number.
There was no prior announcement, so you’re probably guessing it’s another incremental update. That said, I actually got the right patch notes this time around. This patch fixes a bug where games hidden on the PS4 will continue to appear on the PS5. Also, the process of copying games from a USB drive to internal storage is more stable.
Another welcome change in this week’s patch – as first discovered With Reddit – A fix to the DualSense Battery indicator on the console dashboard caused some players to keep blinking even when the controller was charged.
Read below for the complete change log.
- This system software update improves system performance.
- Updated DualSense wireless controller device software for improved stability.
- Fixed an issue that limited some screen functionality when screen readers were enabled.
- Fixed an issue where games hidden on the PS4 would not be hidden on the PS5.
- The process of copying games from USB extended storage to game library console storage has been made more stable.