Find out what the staff of the new video game development studio Lancarse’s former Megami Tensei and Shin Megami Tensei have been working on lately. The title of the new RPG is Monark, the developers describe it as “a new school RPG,” and it will be released in Japan on October 14th on the PlayStation console and Switch. Monark’s debut trailer will be released tomorrow in June. You can watch it on the 10th. For details, see today’s weekly Famitsu article. Gematsu.
Lancarse Monark Staff:
- Planning / Production / Direction: Fuyuki Hayashi, Mitsuhiro Hoshino
- scenario: Fuyuki Hayashi, Ryutaro Ito
- Scenario supervision / cooperation: Kazunari Suzuki, Aya Nishitani
- Character Design: Sobin
- Background music: Tsukasa Masuko
- Developer: Lancarse
- the publisher: FuRyu
The main character is Ka Ka Ka Taketo Hara. Shigeru Chiba is in charge of the voice of the stuffed rabbit.
The story follows the True Student Organization, which was established to resolve anomalies within the school. The hero, who became the vice-chairman of the council, chooses a partner from the four characters and confronts unreasonableness.
The main story is multi-ending. Each of the four buddy characters has a different route. You can also skip shared routes and follow different buddy routes to facilitate multiple playthroughs.
The battle is command-based and has a free move turn system. If you raise the madness, you will be able to use more powerful skills, but if you raise it too much, you will go crazy and rampage regardless of enemy or ally, and you will not be able to fight.
There is also an “EGO” system that represents the player’s desire level of pride, anger, envy, desire, glutton, and laziness. These will change depending on your diagnosis and choice, and will also affect the demons you can hire as “subordinates”.
The appearance and voice of subordinates can be customized.
Weekly Famitsu staff interview:
- Hayashi and Hoshino: “The story of Shin Megami Tensei IF has been excited, but there is no such game now. Therefore, we built a prototype of Monarch in consideration of the world view and atmosphere that we thought were important in the school RPG project. did.”
- Hayashi: “I can’t thank you [the creators who joined the project sensing mine and Hoashino’s enthusiasm] Sufficient. There was chemistry with other creators and I was able to develop the game with the idea team. “
- Suzuki: “While participating in the project as a director, I was able to give detailed advice to Mr. Hayashi and Mr. Ito who are writing scenarios.”
- Ito: “I was in charge of the story for 100 students.”
- Masuko: “I did about 40 songs”