A new update for Halo: The Master Chief Collection is now live, with numerous bug fixes and overall experience improvements. Perhaps even more exciting, though, are the addition of new Halo 3: ODST Crossfire variants, such as Floodfight, which pits you against Flood enemies, and Halo 3 cross-platform co-op.
At roughly 22 GB on Xbox consoles, this update is one of the largest updates to MCC in recent memory, especially as 343 Industries continues to focus on its latest Halo game, Halo Infinite. Here’s what’s inside Update 1.2819.0.0:
Halo 3: ODST Crossfire
- Various new settings are available when creating a Firefight session. Added scenario settings include dangerous and friendly “favors” such as extra weapons available on the map and allies delivered via insertion pods.
- This update brings Elite to New Mombasa for the first time, and brings a new Firefight game variant: flood control.
- Elite and Flood enemies can also be added to other Halo 3: ODST Firefight game variants through the Wave Properties settings.
- Flood waves will be accompanied by dense fog, changing the atmosphere of classic maps, and allies lost in the flood may return to attack players.
- Flood-themed hazards are also available in the new scenario setting. These hazards include flood dispersal tanks, flood trackers and flood control vehicles.
Halo 3 cross-platform collaboration (experimental)
- Players on PC and Xbox consoles can now play these activities online cooperatively.
- This feature has been tested internally, but the team needs more insights from real players with different network settings.Please Submit a bug report ticket If you encounter any problems in the game and Halo Waypoint Forum.
Custom game browser improvements
- In addition to some menu improvements, all games in the Master Chief Collection are now available in custom game browser sessions.
- Added a “Quick Match” option to the custom game browser menu. This will allow players and their party members to enter matches that fit their chosen filter options without having to browse the full list of available sessions.
Halo 4 campaign customization
- When starting a Halo 4 mission, enable the campaign customization option to see equipped weapon skins in-game.
- Acrophobia Skull has been added to the Halo 2: Anniversary event.
- Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST added 16 new skulls.
There’s a lot more in this update, including new Halo 3 medals, new Halo 3: ODST mod tools, and tons of bug fixes, changes, rebalances, and improvements to all MCCs, so be sure to read Patch Notes Full breakdown.
At the same time, read game whistleblower Halo Infinite recap, then watch this Halo Infinite Season 2: Lone Wolf trailer.
Are you excited about this MCC update? Let us know why in the comments below!