Eidos Montreal today abandoned the update of Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, which makes the space comic adventure look and run even better.
On PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, the game now has ray tracing, which means the lighting is more realistic than ever. You can activate this function in the “Video Settings” menu.
On Xbox Series S, players can choose to cancel the upper frame rate limit so that it runs between 30 and 60 frames per second. Eidos recommends this feature to users with VRR (variable refresh rate) displays and warns that some frame rates may be unstable in some areas.
At the same time, basic PlayStation 4 players can enjoy the overall performance improvement. Eidos even adjusted the sensitivity of the sun visor to record input from older and older controllers.
The patch also makes the following improvements to all versions of the game:
- Save and rollback: Added a hidden save and rollback function, allowing users who encounter blocking issues to roll back to the beginning of the chapter they selected
- General stability improvements on all platforms
- Enable multiple stability improvements for ray tracing
- General improvement of objective marking
- Additional improvements to the world border
PC players can see the patch as early as Friday, November 19.In addition, Eidos has also fixed several bugs, you can view the full list on the website Developer’s Reddit post.
For more information on Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, be sure to check out our full review of the game here. The game was nominated in several categories in the 2021 Game Awards.