Since the launch of Niantic’s extremely successful Pokemon Go augmented reality game, many other similar games have begun to join, including some of Niantic’s other AR games.
The company’s latest AR title, Pickmin Bloom, Just launched this week.However, today, Niantic and Portkey Games announced Harry Potter: Wizards UnitedOne of many AR games launched over the years will be closed on January 31, 2022. However, before that, Wizards Unite will be removed from the Apple App Store, Google Play Store and Samsung Galaxy Store in December 6. In-app purchases will also end on the same day.
“When we launched Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, our vision was to allow players to experience the magical world in a real-world environment when they go out to explore their communities,” said Niantic and Portkey Blog post read. “Over the years, millions of witches and wizards around the world have embarked on real-world adventures, working together to hide magic in the wizarding world, and at the same time teaming up to deal with “Unforgivable.”
A few months later, Wizards Unite is about to end, Portkey has made some changes to the gameplay, and these changes are now in effect in the game:
- The rewards for all daily tasks will be increased.
- Using Master Notes, the brewing time of all Potion will be reduced by 50%.
- The daily limit of sending and opening gifts will be cancelled.
- Barrufio’s Brain Elixir potion will now reward 3X players with XP.
- Portkey Portmanteaus from the 1920s will appear more frequently on the map, and the related fragment rewards will be doubled.
- Spell energy and ingredients will appear on the map more frequently.
Some in-game activities will also be available in the final months of Wizards Unite. This is what you can expect:
- Dolores Umbridge’s fatal opponent incident
- The Half-Blood Prince Brilliant Event Part 1
- Lucius Malfoy’s fatal opponent incident
- The Half-Blood Prince Brilliant Event Part 2
- Bellatrix deadly opponent incident
- Horcrux Hunting Part 2
- Voldemort’s deadly opponent incident
- Deathly Hallows Highlights Part 1
- Holiday event
- Deathly Hallows glorious event part 2
- We will share more details about other game changes that will take place in January.
For more information about Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, please check Game informant Review Then read how the upcoming Warner Bros. role-playing game “Hogwarts Legacy” is set in the world of Harry Potter Postponed to 2022. Must Watch the latest Hogwarts Legacy trailer after that.
Have you played Harry Potter: Wizards United? Tell us what you think in the comments below!