Nintendo’s nearest financial report (pass through Kamamatsu) Touted the success of the fast-selling Nintendo Switch, more than 92 million systems have been sold to date. This includes 3.83 million Switch hardware it sold in the second quarter.
Software sales Games are also booming, with more than 681 million games sold, of which 48.6 million were in the last sales quarter. It also shared specific game lifetime sales. “Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Edition” topped the list with 38.74 million sales. However, perhaps even more surprising is that “Animal Crossing: New Horizons” ranked No. 2 with 34.85 million views. This game is only one and a half years old. Ranked in the top 10 is Ring Fit Adventure, with a sales volume of 12.21 million, which is an encouraging number for a game that is priced higher than the normal retail price, thanks to built-in accessories.
The full top 10 is here:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 38.74 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons-34.85 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 25.71 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild-24.13 million
- Pokémon Sword / Pokémon Shield – 22.64 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 21.95 million
- Super Mario Party – 16.48 million
- Pokémon: Let’s go, Pikachu! /Pokemon: Let’s go, Ibrahimovic! – 13.83 million
- Splatoon 2 – 12.68 million
- Ring Fit Adventure – 12.21 million
Elsewhere in the report, sales of new games were also disclosed. Among them, The Legend of Zelda: Sky Sword HD led the new game with a price of 3.6 million. For the first time, 2.19 million New Pokémon Snap and 1.94 million Mario Golf: Super Rush also appeared. Finally, “Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury” continues to be sold, and 7.45 million copies have been sold so far.
Although sales of Nintendo Switch continue to grow, hardware sales have slowed significantly due to continued chip shortages. Nevertheless, it seems that Switches has fallen into the hands of gamers.