The latest update to Phasmophobia has moved from beta and is now available.
Today’s Phasmophobia The update adds two new ghost types, two daily challenges, a Willow Street House map, and some changes and bug fixes.
Speaking of new ghosts, it’s worth noting that the spawn rate will triple until the next update. Therefore, please be aware that ghosts will enter.
In addition to the above, this update also adds a way to reset corrupted saved files, an item store sell button, a blasphemous filter, and a confirmation timer when changing resolutions.
Changes have been made to the smudge sticks to increase the chances of demons hunting and increase the text size of the thermometer.
The fix is to improve the performance and load times of most house maps, allow the smudge stick to be lit with candles, and prevent the sound sensor from displaying the wrong corridor name.
There are many other new, modified, or fixed ones outlined in the patch notes that you can read below.
Phasmophobia patch notes
- A new ghost type youkai has been added.
- Added a new ghost type hunt.
- Added a new daily challenge “Capture 3 Star Ghost Photos”.
- A new daily challenge “Capture a Dirty Water photo” has been added.
- Added a way to reset corrupted saved files. This is a very rare event. If this happens, join the discord and ask for help.
- Added blasphemy filters for usernames and server names. Please report if your name is not offensive and is trapped in it.
- Added a sale button to the item store that returns 50% of the price.
- Added text to indicate the name of the level below the track map.
- Added a confirmation timer when the resolution is changed.
- Added a map of a new little house called Willow Street House. This map has no closets or lockers to hide inside and is designed to hide behind furniture.
- Smudgestick smoking time has been reduced from 15 seconds to 6 seconds to accommodate ghost delays while hunting.
- Ghosts will walk to the front of the closet / locker if they see or hear you inside instead of passing by.
- If you’re off the map or out of range, you’ll be teleported to where you last moved instead of returning to the track.
- The corridors on the top and bottom floors of the high school were each divided into three sections. This gives you more accurate evidence of where the ghost is.
- The truck approached the entrance to the prison.
- Kicked players are now automatically kicked when they rejoin.
- Ghosts now have a small chance to wander far away from the room.
- The chances of the demon hunting have increased slightly.
- Increased the size of the thermometer text to make it easier to read in VR.
- Changed how to save alternate port values. This means that if you had enabled it, you will need to re-enable it.
- There are more opportunities for ghosts to open and close the door when not hunting.
- Ghosts have more opportunities to interact with objects.
- Inverted the high school and asylum trackmaps to reduce navigation confusion.
- Improved performance and load times for most house maps.
- Fixed a bug where the player’s voice could be treble.
- High School: Fixed a bug where the sound sensor would display the wrong corridor name.
- Fixed a bug where the device would not teleport back to the track if it fell out of range.
- Fixed a bug where ghosts were changing the wrong room temperature.
- Fixed a bug where the volume of the new player was set to the volume of the old player.
- Fixed a bug where ghosts couldn’t kill you in some closets.
- Fixed some safe places.
- Fixed a bug that would still appear in the audio options after the player left.
- Fixed a bug where the resolution could be set very low the first time you booted.
- Fixed a bug where sensors could be placed on the wall behind other objects.
- Fixed a bug where ghosts wouldn’t leave the room.
- Fixed a bug where the value would be displayed in the EMF reader even if it was picked up from the floor in the inventory.
- Fixed a bug where the smudge stick couldn’t be illuminated with a candle.
- Fixed a bug where the thermometer could display the wrong room value.