Square Enix and Eidos Montreal have provided a list that will be included in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy.
The soundtrack reads like a list of some of the most popular songs of the 80s, including tracks from Soft Cell, Europe, Blondie, Blue Oyster Cult, Kiss, Flock of Seagulls, and Twisted Sister.
Repertoire includes playing to death—and songs I personally hate—Starship’s We Built this City, A-ha’s classic Take On Me, Loverboy’s absolute rock music Turn Me Loose, Billy Idol’s favorite White Wedding, and arousing me Get a speeding ticket, Kickstart My Heart.
The original soundtrack includes two songs from Star-Lord Band, Zero to Hero and Space Riders with No Names, which form part of the original soundtrack of 30 tracks. You can listen to Zero to Hero in the video above.
The following is a list of some authorized songs in the game.
- Blonde-call me
- Blue Oyster Cult-Don’t be afraid of the reaper
- Bobby McFerrin-Don’t worry about being happy
- Hot chocolate-every one is a winner
- Wang Zhong-Have fun tonight everyone
- Tears of Fear-Everyone wants to rule the world
- Europe-the final countdown
- The new kid in the block-Hangin’ Tough
- Pat Benatar-Hit me with your best blow
- Bonnie Taylor-Fight for Heroes
- Kiss-I love it loudly
- Flock of seagulls-I ran away
- Cultural Club-I will roll 4 Ya
- Mötley Crüe-Kickstart My Heart
- Simple Heart-Love Song
- Rick Astley-I will never give up on you
- Frankie goes to Hollywood-relax
- Def Leppard-Rock Rock Till You Drop
- Rainbow-since you left
- Aha-accept me
- Soft Cells-Defiled Love
- Loverboy-let me go
- Autograph-turn on the radio
- Wow! -Wake me up before you go
- A scandal featuring Patty Smyth-Warriors
- Starship-we built this city
- Twisted Sister-we won’t accept it
- Billy Idol-White Wedding
If you want to fix the 80s problem by listening to these tunes before the game is released, The playlist is on Spotify.
As the game progresses, and on the jukebox in Milano, you will be able to hear these tracks. Some of them will also play a key role during Huddle, which is a key game mechanic in combat. You will have the opportunity to choose two of Star-Lord’s cassette players to try to inspire the Guardian and overwhelm your enemies.
All the songs in the playlist will appear in the game itself, and you can choose to switch if you wish to mute them and replace them with streaming safe alternatives as needed.
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy will be released on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S on October 26. The cloud version of Nintendo Switch will arrive on the same day.